Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Blair: "Jam delayed until tomorrow"

Following on from my post the other week, yesterday Blair made a big NHS speech. He had to do this because over the last few weeks the Tories and the press have forced him onto the defensive about the service.

The speech was hilarious and can be summed along the lines of: "Our reforms are to blame for this but we expected it honest guv, and it will all get better soon when the reforms bed in. Please don't ask where the money has gone though."

Of course, as anyone working in the NHS knows, most of the so-called "reforms" never get a chance to bed in before the government has a new "initiative" and scraps the old reform for a newer nu-labour reform. Basically, and this will probably not come as a surprise to most of you, Blair was talking bollocks.

I have to say though I do tip my hat to his brazenness. At one point I thought he was going to say "yes it hurt, yes it's going to work".

No comments: