Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Campaign launched!

At last the official Tory campaign for the local elections has been launched by Central Office. I have to be honest, I was starting to get a little worried that we were lacking behind the others somewhat. But then getting to market first is not always the way to win in business so I guess the same can apply to politics.

I'm glad we're going for the "green" campaign locally. The environment in which we all live and see daily is the first step to the greater environmental challenges. Labour has failed in my local area for so long now on these issues. Most streets are awash with rubbish. Flytipping is common place and the hosuing in the area is being run down progressively. If the local environment looks shit, what can that say about the wider environmental policies Labour has?

No comments: