Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"Smart yoghurt" is coming

I've just found the following interview with BT's futurologist, Ian Pearson. It's an interesting interview which talks about the rise of The Terminator, the future of social communications and introduction of "smart yoghurt". I must however engage in a moment of geek pedantry where Pearson says:

Star Trek got it completely wrong - when Captain Kirk says "Beam me up, Scotty", "Scotty, beam me up" would be much better because it can route it straight through to Scotty, rather than wait until the end of the sentence before it knows who to send the voice to.

Actually, Kirk never said "Beam me up, Scotty" in any episode of Star Trek. He did however say "Scotty, beam me up" in Star Trek IV. So actually, it's Pearson who is wrong, not Kirk. I do of course fully understand that with one single post I've just destroyed what little credibility I may have had.

No comments: