Friday, October 27, 2006

Ming Campbell insults UK childcare workers

In a speech today it appears that Ming Campbell has effectively said that the standard of childcare offered by the workers in the UK is of low quality as a result of the workforce being uneducated. In a speech he said:

"In Denmark, those working in childcare need a degree. In Britain, they need no qualifications at all.... By professionalising childcare provision, we can raise the standing and the standard of the service"

I'm sure all those hard working childcare assistant will be well chuffed.

7 comments:

Croydonian said...

And how do all of we parents without childcare degrees cope with our progeny, eh?

Anonymous said...

This comment lets you down Dizzy. You usually refrain from the "cheap shot" and try to make a good point.

I think that if a Tory had said is you'd be extolling the virtues of the speech, making the point that it shows that childcare is a top priority.

youdontknowme said...

He does have a point. should we really let just anyone take care of children?

dizzy said...

Nich, actually I wouldn't. The implication of Mig's comments is that there is a problem with quality in childcare, I don't believe there is, and the idea that we need to send people to University to do something we've been _doing_for_years_ without it is just, well, bollocks frankly. BUt then I'm a conservative so I don't belive in change for the sake of change which is what this is.

Nich Starling said...

Dizzy,

You replied to my comment but didn't actually print my comment so no-one else will be able to follow the thread.

Come on, don't censor me. I'm still chuffed about our result today (1-1 at the Arsenal) ! Come on, do it for a fellow Evertonian.

dizzy said...

sure I did, it's the one labelled as "anonymous" for some reason. Blogger's fault. I have an email with the exact words posted above in it that says it is from you but for some reason it says anon. If there was another comment I didn't see it. Post it again.

We should've held out really and beat the Gooners.

Nich Starling said...

It was never a freekick - Carsley won the ball. Interesting that Cahill ws then booked for telling the ref exactly that. Still, I'd have taken a point at 3pm.