Tuesday, November 14, 2006

How to avoid paying compensation to other addicts?

One of the stories in the news that caught my eye this morning was that three memebrs of a street gang who were "addicted to violence" wree jailed for life yesterday. This made me wonder, given they have an addiction, is the Home Secretary going to pay them compensation for going "cold turkey"? Or could this be an opportunity to introduce televised "extreme hardcore" wrestling from prisons to compliment televised trials?

3 comments:

Chris Palmer said...

Perhaps they might be put in a cell together and allowed to beat each other up?

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this gross addiction before. I read the case, it's horrendous, I hope life means life.
And I'm sure they will be all be swotting up on their human rights and the chances of cashing in.

Anonymous said...

hopefully, they will get mugged for their new wealth,by the other inmates.