Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Pot and Kettle Awards 2007

The other day was the ConservativeHome Blog awards. Nothing particularly unusual in a peer group having a back slapping session with itself, the music and football industry do it all the time (as do many others). Moaning left wingers like Justin McKeating from Chicken Yoghurt described it as "Best Tory Blog Run By A Tory Nominated By Tories Voted For By Tories And Awarded By Tories Award". A cutting and insightful critique of colossal intellectualism without a doubt.

However, in a quaintly amusing way, in one of his posts which just happens to appear directly above one about "doublethink" (beautiful!), Justin is praising his and others inclusion in the UK section of some other random blog awards (God there are so many dick measuring contests aren't there?) called the Fistful of Euros Satin Pajama Awards. You'll take note from the entries that where the blogs are political they're all on the Left. Hardly a surprise given that Fistful of Euros is pretty much a centre-left pro-European site*, I wouldn't expect anything less, and that's fine by me.

Having said this though I do find myself sniggering whilst the words pot, kettle and black ring around my head.

* I bet someone homes in on this statement and writes a boring long diatribe about it.
** Someone will probably link to this as well and call me a hypocrite for making an observation. That's how it works you see.
*** OK, that's enough blogging about blogging, it's boring.

2 comments:

Praguetory said...

I was waiting until the less than prolific "DISPATCHES FROM THE NORFOLK VILLAGE FRONTLINE" blog kicked the assembled Leftie asses before bringing this up. As I tried to remain awake flicking through the various nominations, I found that most leaders had been rousing support on their own sites. The self-appointed titans of the British left (such as Chicken Yoghurt) have received less votes than Matt Sinclair and Will Burstow received on a fun poll on the best young conservative that I ran at my place just after Christmas.

James Higham said...

God there are so many dick measuring contests aren't there?

It's sickening and it's why Blogpower started in the first place, in reaction to this.

It's so sickening, in fact, that I'm going to start up my own blog awards so at least some bastard will finally nominate me for something.