Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Proof that donations don't always buy you influence

Remember how back in September Saatchi & Saatchi won the gig to do Labour's advertising? They beat off competition for the contract from the agency that masterminded Blair's campaign's, Beattie McGuinness Bungay. Back in May of this year, Beattie McGuinness Bungay gave donations to the Labour Party of £6,500.

So you see? Money doesn't always buy you influence after all (even if the word 'bung' is in your name). Sometimes you just lose. Never let it be said that I only ever attack the Labour Party, sometimes I don't, like now. Instead I just make poor jokes.

5 comments:

kinglear said...

Dizzy, £6.5 k is hardly enough to pay for Cherie's hairdo. And the propaganda "coup" of appointing Saatchis was worth much more.

dizzy said...

Errr.. I was taking the piss out of their name. :rolleyes:

Bob Piper said...

Come off it Maurice, we know this is nothing more than a cheap plug for the company....
www.bobpiper.co.uk/2007/08/is_dizzy_really_maurice_saatch.php

kinglear said...

err I know - I was making a slightly different point

Anonymous said...

"
sometimes I don't like now "

Dizzy

Fully with you. Other times I don't like later and I've been know to loathe then

Cofion

Gwil ap Tomos