Thursday, April 03, 2008

Cheese, Cider, Chocolate and Dying!

It never ceases to amaze me some of the bizarre goings on in the House of Parliament. Now I have truly seen the light by browsing the list of All-Party Parliamentary Groups. The first to catch my eye was the All-Party Parliamentary Group Arms Length Management Organisations. There is something richly ironic for lots of members of the Government to be supporting arms length management when they interfere in our lives every day. Perhaps it is in charge Northern Rock?

How about this, the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Cheese. Even better, lets play 'spot the pisshead' on the All-Party Parliamentary Cider Group. Anyone else notice how many of the membership of the All-Party Parliamentary Chocolate and Confectionery Group are either women, or shall we say, slightly larger males? No low serotonin in that one I reckon!

Not to worry though, the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Dying Well (as opposed to Dying Badly (where is their representation I ask you!) will sort us out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pedant writes: Arms Lenght Management refers to the ALMO's who are Arms Length Management Companies for managing former council houses. Soory.

dizzy said...

Dizzy writes: I was taking the piss

Anonymous said...

I thought it had something to do with managing the length of your arms. Avoiding dragging your knuckles along the ground, that sort of thing. Some of them could do with it.

Anonymous said...

Jazz appreciation is my personal favourite.

(Couldn't they combine the cider, beer, whiskey and wine and spirits groups into one big "alcoholics" group?)

Anonymous said...

Anon: 14:48

They already have, it's called The House of Lords.

Anonymous said...

I daren't ask who pays for all those committees.