Friday, June 06, 2008

Quote of the Day

Given that I just shamefully took the mickey out of Hugo Rifkind in the post below, I have just read a brilliant quote from his Facebook status about the latest Tory MEP sleaze stuff that Guido has been running with.
"Hugo Rifkind is both astonished and disappointed that more people aren't making a fuss about the fact that this Tory MEP is very nearly called Ben Dover."
Quite right too. When I saw the name Den Dover I couldn't help but snigger slightly. I wonder if he knows?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've long thought this highly amusing.
I also have a friend who appeared on his class register as "Brown, Mark". Poor sod.

Old BE said...

Does he have a running-mate called Phillip MacAvity?

Anonymous said...

His first name is in fact Densmore: i expect he shortened it to Den before his namesake started in the business . . .

Prodicus said...

I believe there a couple of Irish MEPs called Simon Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzsimons. They're very good friends, allegedly.

Anonymous said...

Den Dover knows your dad, Hugo - htye were booted out of the Commons at the same time in 1997.

Anonymous said...

Did somebody call?