Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tom Miller: 'you balance a budget by borrowing and spending more'?

I've just read quite possibly the funniest thing ever on Labourlist. Tom Miller, the new Labour PPC for Woking has written some of the things he believes in, including this gem (emphasis mine),
I believe in balanced budgets, but I think the best way to do that is to make sure we come out of recession without having completely devastated our potential to recover. Increased investment and borrowing is needed, because it's a slow rise we need.
Got to love the contradiction there, he believes in balanced budgets and thinks increasing borrowing and spending, sorry "investment", is the way to achieve it?

That's a bit like saying "I believe in vegetarianism, now please pass me a hamburger".

No comments: