Sunday, September 27, 2009

On THAT question.....

I have to admit I was as surprised as most to hear Andrew Marr ask Brown about the prescription medication rumours. That said, I think the denial from Brown was, when framed with the question, not necessarily the end of it, this is what was said,
Andrew Marr: "A lot of people in this country use prescription painkillers and pills to help them get through. Are you one of them?"
Gordon Brown: "No."
Now - and it may just be my overly cynical mind seeing this I admit - but what Brown did was deny he was using prescription medication to help him 'get through'. He did not deny that he might be taking prescription medication.

Just saying.

Update: Reading the papers this morning (Monday) it seems that this is all being dismissed as an "extreme right wing" smear from the Internet. I just had a look back in my archive and see the first time I suggested he was on pills was that it was ecstasy. Odd though, I'm sure the actual references to it all started in the MSM comment sections.

No comments: