Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Damn you Tom Harris MP!

I hate you Tom. You're one of the few Labour MP's that I actually like, and what do you do? You quit* your blog. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not suggesting that I agree with you and that you're always right, I don't and you're not - the only person that is always right is me after all (*hush* you naysayers in the comment and repeat after me "Dizzy is always right", do that and enlightenment will be achieved).

Anyhow, digressions about how brilliant I am aside, Tom will be sadly missed in my view because, unlike so many politicians he was always willing to push his humourous side at the expenses of the "line" (perhaps that is why he called it a day?). Politicians today, with only a few exceptions, are expected to be automatons, spouting the line and never ever offering their genuine opinions (not until they've spouted the line for long enough that they can get away with it anyway).

Tom was never afraid to point out when all sides in some debate or the other was talking utter bollocks. That is, frankly, what made him unique, and now there really aren't any like him left. Don't get me wrong, there are blogging MPs who are engaging and interesting, but none of them do what Tom did/does.

A real shame I think, and you know you were having an impact when the pious Guardian-reading loony left state calling you a "rioht wing blogger" as they did last night.

* Please note that as a general rule online, be it in a forum or on a blog, no one should ever do a "last post" post because you will be back. The Internet is like the Hotel California, you can check in but you can never leave. Tom will be back, we just don't know when.

No comments: