Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What happened to patience?

You have to love the Daily Mail sometimes, this morning they have a screaming headline (no doubt buried deep inside the pages of the main paper because someone got engaged) that says Revealed: The broadband blackspot map of Britain, which provides a map showing how some poor people are getting just 1.3Mbps connections, noting that
In Farningham it would take 45 minutes to download just one music album and a dismal 12 hours to download a movie.
Now, as someone who started online with a 14.4Kbps modem, I find myself asking, why is everyone so bloody greedy these days?

Seriously, complaining that it will take 45 minutes to download an album? Big deal. Set you're downloads to run overnight then. As for downloading a movie, well, I don't know anyone who does that legally anyway, but if you do, then again, do it overnight.

I simply do not understand this "give me too me faster, now now now" attitude.

No comments: